Friday 11 March 2011

End of Week 1

Well all in all it has been a successful first week. As you can see from the title of the blog I am relatively new to the world of trading sports markets. I work full time so the aim is for this to supplement my main income and basically see how far I can take this and have some fun along the way.

My strategy to begin with is to increase my bank by 2.5% compound interest every day. Using this method although gains are small to begin with they increase steadily over time, so much so that if my bank increases too (wishful thinking a this stage). I may change strategy altogether or at least decrease the % increase. As you can see the first 7 days have seen a profit each day, although on a couple of occasions I have found my chasing slightly, so I will ensure not to become obsessed with making a profit each day and accept that some days will inevitably bear a loss.

This blog is a way of keeping my discipline and penning my thoughts I hope will allow me to learn from my mistakes.

I was trading two games tonight Rennes v. Marseille and Utrecht v. Groningen.

Rennes v. Marseille


This was a classic example of me getting jittery and not having faith in my initial thoughts. I was on over 2.5 goals and the way the game developed I saw a narrow win for Rennes so I came out of the over 2.5 market for a small loss and then moved to Rennes in the outright market, what happened next, you've guessed it a Marseille goal. Panicking slightly (and this is something I need cut out quickly I switched to unders on the basis that Marseille are pretty good at defending leads and Rennes not so good when they have to chase the game. The game developed in such a way that I was able to break even from the game as a whole. I think the lesson I should bring away from this game is that have an exit strategy in mind before and not to leave a markey in a hurry.

Utrecht v. Groningen


I watched the first half of this game to see how the game was developing before deciding my entry point. At the beginning of the first Utrecht upped their game and were looking much more dangerous up front. Went in on Utrecht @ 2.32 and luckily a goal came shortly after. I greened up shortly after the goal at around 1.17.

So to conclude it has been a good first week. I have shown my bank increases below

Day1 500.00
Day2 518.79
Day3 537.00
Day4 542.15
Day5 554.36
Day6 568.59
Day7 581.48
Day8 608.36
Day9 614.25

No comments:

Post a Comment