Wednesday 16 March 2011

An update

Well I am now up to day 15 of increasing my bank by 2.5% each day and we are still on track. I am still none the wiser as to my ability to trade markets effectively or whether I have had 14 lucky days. It is definitely a skill and as much as anything psychology is important.

On a couple of occasions I have found myself down on the day I instead of accepting a loss I have chased and to be honest been lucky, instead of regrouping and waited for the right opportunity I have gone in over the top and come out ok. I think the lesson to be learned is not to be obsessed with your targets in such a way that it impairs your vision.

I think I have become more adept at spotting opportunities to trade in tennis which I am pretty happy about. Basketball is another sport I feel with plenty of trading opportunities, however patience is a virtue here I feel. My experience last night was a case in point. I decided to back the Knicks against the Pacers, wait for a decent Knicks lead and then lay off, midway through the second quarter I got jittery and switched to the Pacers and the Knicks got right back into the game leaving me red. In the end it was such a close encounter there were opportunities to back both teams at 6.0, the Pacers won and I ended up being able to green off. I know this is easy to say in hindsight but in the words of Corporal Jones 'Don't panic Mr Mainwairing' along with having planned exit points if things are not going as you envisaged would be a good lesson to take away from the experience.






Day 11 623.36
Day 12 634.38
Day 13 655.79
Day 14 679.89
Day 15 683.60
Day 16 699.73

I'm keen to get in touch with other trading enthusiasts so please feel free to get in touch on email, twitter or commenting below.

No comments:

Post a Comment